Wednesday, November 2, 2005

The newly bought Minolta Dynax 7D with some problem

Last saturday I bought a Minolta Dynax 7D Digital Camera which I have been longing for. The quality of pictures are better than those taken by Nikon D70. Unfortunately, there are some problems with this camera. While some can be fixed in the latest firmware, the rest is caused by anti-shake mechanic issue.

1. While using an external flash unit, like 5600 HS, it will be over-exposed at the full output from time to time. It's said the problem has been fixed in the latest firmware 1.10.
2. Buffer-to-CF is quite slow. Taking a long time to complete. It's much slower than D70.
3. After I adjusted the ISO setting to 1600 from 100 at the 1st time, when taking a picture, there was some abnormally noticeable noise inside the body. Moreover, there was also something wrong with the picture. Some subjects in the view totally disappeared. I am told by Minolta Staff there might be a machanic issue with the anti-shake module. However, the guy can't explain why some subjects in the view was just gone.

I was going to replace the defective 7d with a brand-new one since still within 10 days. Unfortunately, there is only one left in the shop's warehouse which also has some little problem on the body surface. Of course I won't compromise. The shop staff told me it's out of stock in HK and I have to wait until new 7Ds shipped to HK from JP. They have no idea when they can get the new goods delivered. So I can only wait and wait... It might be 1 month, 2 month or even longer...

I brought the defective 7d back to home last evening.

No comments:

Let me know what you think