Monday, March 26, 2007

We can't live without Internet

I can't believe it! My company blocks almost every way to chat with people and check the well-known web-based email services. Not only MSN, Yahoo! messengers which directly connect to their servers are blocked, but those web-based IM services also including Meebo, eBuddy and so forth. I tried hard to break through but failed. It seems like only Gmail and Gtalk right now are left open to the outside world. Maybe it's just a matter of time. They could be blocked as well at any time.

Well... I must face it. These days I hear such news from time to time that someone is fired since he/she spends a lot of time to surf on Internet during the office hours instead of doing his/her own job. Companies keep to tighten the policies to warn employees not to spend much time on Internet unless it's really necessary. Companies ask employees to uninstall all the IM softwares. This is a trend which almost every company is following or going to follow. Since Internet becomes more and more popular, people just can't live without it and spend more & more time on it even at work. I recall that in year 2000 I went online only for getting more information on Oracle, I was using dial-up to access Internet at the time. Today I go online for chatting with friends, checking emails, watching funny videos and photos and enjoying the fast-growing Internet applications. I am using broadband today. And the bandwidth of broadband is growing at a very fast speed. I must admit that I spend pretty much time on Internet every day even at work. A bit addicted to it.

If I don't go online on a day, I must feel something wrong. As long as I am at home, I just can't restrain myself from surfing on Internet. We can't live without Internet! At least I can't live without it!

No comments:

Let me know what you think